Yahoo is known for providing a great email platform which users can leverage for both personal and professional means. Whether you look it from the security and compatibility aspects or from its user-friendly features and functionalities, Yahoo has more than what users expect from an email service. Moreover, Yahoo mail customer support offers round the clock assistance to its potential users.
Despite being a trusted email service provider, Yahoo does experience some sort of technical glitches in its users’ accounts. In order to assist people in dealing with such issues, Yahoo offers instructional help via different mediums such as Yahoo help center, how-to articles, support community, help forums, social media pages, etc. Details of these official Yahoo customer service channels are mentioned below.
How to Contact Official Yahoo Customer Support?
If you ever face any trouble accessing or operating your Yahoo account and its associated services, you can always seek support from Yahoo customer care. Yahoo customer support has numerous ways to help you get assistance for your problem. The available support options are as follows:
Yahoo! Help Center
Most of the issues that you face with your Yahoo account can be solved easily by referring to the Yahoo! Help Center. At Yahoo Help Center, you can seek assistance for almost all Yahoo-related issues, be it related to features or functionality of the account. To find assistance at Yahoo Help Center, go to the Search bar, enter the keyword related to the problem you are experiencing in the search field and click on the Search Help button. You will get different Help articles related to the keyword in the search result. Select the appropriate article from the search result and follow the information provided in it to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Another way to get assistance for a problem in your Yahoo account is by referring to the Frequently Asked Questions section. At FAQs, you can find answers to some of the most common questions raised by users. To get to the FAQs section, go to the Yahoo Help Center page, click on the FAQ option under BROWSE BY TOPIC section on the left-hand side panel. On the right-hand side, you will get the list of frequently asked questions. Select the relevant question from the list and follow the information provided on it to get an answer to your query.
You can also seek support from Social Media Pages of Yahoo mail customer service. Following are the social media pages of Yahoo that you can refer
|Twitter Page||@YahooCare and @Yahoo|
|Facebook Page||YahooCustomerCare and Yahoo|
|Yahoo Corporate Headquarters||701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94089|
Contact Yahoo through Email and Live Chat Support
If your problem doesn’t get resolved with Help Articles and FAQs, you can get in touch with Yahoo specialist for help via Email and/or Live chat support by following these steps:
- Click on the “Contact us” option located on the lower-left section on the Yahoo Help page. You will be taken to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your email address and select the product for which you need assistance. Then, go through the Captcha requirement and click on the Get Started button.
- Clicking on the Get Started button will direct you to next screen where you will find these two options:
- Contact Yahoo Specialist
- See product related help articles
- On the subsequent page, select the category from the list for which you are seeking support. For an instance, if you are having problem with Yahoo Account Key, you will need to select “Fix issues with Yahoo account key” option located under “What can we help you with?” section.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to select the type of issue you are facing. Suppose you select “Not receiving an account key” option, you will be directed to the subsequent screen where you see these two options
- Chat with a Yahoo specialist
- Email a Yahoo specialist
- If you select the first option “Chat with a Yahoo specialist”, you will be prompted to provide certain details and click on the Create Request button. Clicking on it will connect you to a Yahoo specialist. Discuss your issue with the specialist and get an appropriate solution to your problem.
- On the other hand, if you select the second option “Email a Yahoo specialist”, you will be provided assistance for your problem via email. Just select the option and follow the on-screen prompts to fix the issue.
Seek Yahoo Support for Following Common Issues
- Forgot Yahoo Password
- Errors with file attachment in Yahoo email account
- How to set up Yahoo Account Key for the iOS device
- Problems during login to Yahoo account on Desktop/Smartphone and iOS
- Email sending or receiving errors
Steps to Recover Lost or Deleted Emails and Contacts
To recover Lost or Deleted Contacts-
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and click on the Contact icon located on the left-hand side panel. As you will click on this icon, you will be directed to the Contacts section of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Under the Contacts section, you will need to click on the Deleted Contacts option. As you will click on this option, you will be shown a list of deleted contacts on the right-hand side panel.
- Select the checkboxes next to the contacts you wish to recover and click on the Restore option located on the menu bare above.
- Clicking on the Restore button will open a dialog box where you will be prompted to confirm the restoration of contact. So, again click on the Restore button.
- As you will click on the Restore button, another window will pop up on your screen notifying that your selected contact(s) has been restored to your Contacts. Finally, click on the Done button. You will be taken back to your account.
To Recover Lost or Deleted Emails
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and go to the Search bar located on the above section.
- Enter the keyword related to the lost or deleted email in the provided field and click on the Search Mail option.
- As you will click on the Search Mail option, a list of emails related to the keyword will appear on your screen.
- From the search result, locate the emails you were searching for.
- If you don’t find the email using the search option, make sure to check the Trash and Spam folder using the search option in the particular folder.
- If you find your lost/deleted email(s) in the Trash or Spam folder, simply select the checkbox next to the emails you need, and click on the Move icon located next to Archive icon on the tool-bar.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the folder where you wish to move the emails.
- The selected email messages will be moved to your desired folder.
In case you are still not able to recover your lost or deleted emails, it is suggested to submit a restore request to Yahoo. However, when submitting a restore request to Yahoo, it is suggested to consider the following:
- Once submitted, you will not be able to cancel the request.
- Not all restoration requests are successful.
- Emails that would have been lost or deleted in the last 7 days, only those email messages will be restored using this request.
- Emails that are recovered successfully will be added back to the same folder where they were at the time frame you selected to restore to.
- Make sure to check your Trash folder if you can’t find the emails after the restoration process gets completed.
Well, now you have thorough information about the Yahoo customer support. So, feel free to seek assistance from Yahoo whenever you face trouble accessing or operating your account.
Why Choose Our Yahoo Customer Service?
You may always be suggested to seek assistance from the official source only; however, not all users face the same problem. Some individual may require special assistance as per their issue, and this is where official Yahoo mail customer support seems limited (only instructional support) and we try to tap the opportunity and provide assistance as per the customers’ requirement. To sum up everything, we have provided a comparison between our support services and the official Yahoo mail customer care.
|Yahoo Official Customer Service||Third-Party Yahoo Support Services|
|Delayed solution||Immediate assistance|
|No 24/7 assistance||Customer service experts available 24/7|
|Only free instructional support||One to one help via phone, email and live chat|
|Limited support is available||Multiple communication channels available|
|Customer satisfaction not guaranteed||100% customer satisfaction is our goal|