You had an important event to attend but you missed it. How is that even possible because you had already updated the same in the Google Calendar app?
Now you check your Gmail Calendar. You find that it has not synced with your device.
Well, you are not the only one. Take a look at the forum, you will come across many users complaining about “Gmail Calendar not syncing with iPhone, how to fix?”
We understand that missing out important meetings, conferences, or events can create a bad impression in your professional career. But, you will be glad to know that we have got solutions.
So next time you check your iPhone and find that the Gmail Calendar is not syncing, try these common fixes first.
Count on These Common Fixes If Using Google Calendar on Your Device
- Is Your Phone Connected to the Internet?
It may sound cliché but you can’t ignore it either. Try doing research. Check whether you have turned the Airplane mode on or have switched off the Wi-Fi or data. Keep these things in the right places.
- Make Sure You Have the Google Calendar App Installed and Updated:
The Google Calendar app should be installed and updated to the latest version. If not, go to the App Store and do the needful.
- The Google Calendar App Should Be Visible:
- Click on the Calendar app. Tap ‘Menu’ (on the top left).
- Ensure the box is checked (to the left of the calendar’s name).
- Tap the box to show that calendar (if you find color around the edge of the box).
- Add New Events to the Calendar:
Make sure you add new events to the “Events” calendar. It won’t be visible unless you have added it to the right calendar. Here’s how to add new events to the calendar.
- Click on the “Google Calendar” app.
- You will see the “plus” icon in the bottom right.
- Do you see “Events” next to the Event calendar icon?
- If you see it, it is great. If you don’t see it, click on the “Event Calendar” icon to fix it and switch to the correct calendar.
Still, not able to sync with the iPhone even after trying these troubleshooting tips? You have got to follow the instruction mentioned below.
3 Effective Troubleshooting Tips for Gmail Calendar not syncing with iPhone
Check out the workarounds and get rid of the Gmail Calendar syncing issue with your Apple device.
- Quit the App, not Close it: Most users are seen repeating the same error – they close the app and when trying to open the same, it won’t function fully. So to quit the app and not just close it by tapping the Home button, you need to double-tap the Home button located at the bottom of your device. Swap the app away!
- Remove the Account and Add it Again: You might think what the need is? But the truth is that removing the account and adding it has the potential to solve the issue.
- Open the App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the “Menu” icon (located on the top left).
- Tap “Settings”.
- You will see the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Tap it and go to the top right for the “Edit” option.
- Here, you get to remove the accounts and tap “Done”
Removing your account doesn’t mean you cannot add it again. Simply, reopen the app and you will immediately be prompted to add your account. There you go!
- Uninstall the Google Calendar App and Reinstall it: To do it, follow the steps –
- Touch and hold the Gmail Calendar app icon for a while until it wiggles.
- You will see “X” and then “Delete”
- To reinstall, you need to visit the App Store and type in the “Google Calendar” app.
These troubleshooting tips to sync the Gmail Calendar app with the iPhone should work.
What to Do If the Above Tips Didn’t Work?
However, some users continue to complain about the issue as they failed to fix the syncing error even after following each step meticulously. In that case, getting help from a Calendar expert is highly recommended. To seek help from the experts, you must post in the Google Calendar Help Forum. A team of industry-trained professionals keeps an eye on each query posted by users. “When you post in the forum, mention the troubleshooting steps you tried from this page”.
You may also want to report the problem to Google. To do so, open the Google Calendar app and find the “Help & Feedback” option in the Menu. If you don’t find this option, you need to upgrade the app.