If you have installed an HP Printer driver on your computer, you might be prompted to provide “WPS Pin” for wireless connection. In such a case, you will need to follow the below mentioned steps to find your WPS Pin. Finding the WPS Pin on HP printer is quite a troublesome task for many users. In technical terms, WPS stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” which is used to set up connections between a router and wireless printers and other devices. To learn how to find WPS Pin and connect your HP Printer, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Connect your HP Printer with WPS Button
- On your printer, go to the Control Panel or Screen and press the Wireless button or Settings Button. This will start blinking the blue light on your printer.
- Next, you will need to select the “WiFi Protected Setup” and follow the instructions shown on the printer screen.
- Then, you will need to select “WPS Button” option. Selecting this option will ask you to press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- After you press the WPS button on your router, you will need to go your printer and press continue for wireless connection.
- This way your connection will be established and your printer will be ready to use.
Steps to Connect HP Printer Using WPS Pin
- Go to your HP Printer’s control panel and press the Wireless button and then Settings
- Next, you will need to touch the WiFi Protected Setup and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Then, you will be prompted for the WPS PIN. Here, you will simply need to tap on it and this will display your WPS PIN on your screen.
- Now, you will need to access the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point. Then, you will need to enter the WPS PIN.
- Once the configuration process gets completed, you can install the network printer driver by going to the HP folder in All Programs > Printer Setup & Software. After this, you will need to select the “Connect a new printer” option.
So, this is how you can find WPS Pin and set up your printer. In most of the cases, you will be able to find your WPS PIN by following the instructions provided above. However, if the problem persists, you can seek assistance from HP Printer customer support.