HP is considered one of the best printer brands in the industry whether you are using for personal use and for office purpose. While there are numerous HP printer models available in the market, one of the most widely used printer series of HP in the offices is HP Office Jet wireless printer series. If you wish to set up an HP wireless printer to a wireless network, you can easily do so by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Set up an HP Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network
- Begin by turning on your wireless printer. If you want you can use the touchscreen in the wireless printer to connect your wireless network.
- On the touchscreen, you will need to press the right arrow key and press the Setup
- Then, you will need to select the Network option from the setup menu.
- After that, you will need to select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Network menu. The wizard will begin searching for the wireless routers available in the range.
- Next, you will need to select your Network (SSID) from the list that appears on your screen.
- Here, you will need to enter the WEP/WPA Passphrase for the network and press the Done
- Then, you will need to press the OK button to confirm the settings.
- After that, you will again need to press OK to print the wireless report. Alternatively, you can press the Skip button.
Following these instructions will allow both wireless and wired computers on the network to browse to the printer and print document.
NOTE: In case your HP printer doesn’t have a touchscreen control panel, you can follow these instructions to connect your printer with WPS.
- On your router, you will need to locate the WPS button. However, if your router doesn’t support WPS, just go to the next step to connect your printer using HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. If your printer is in the sleep mode, you will need to press the Cancel button on the control panel.
- On the Printer Control Panel, you will need to press and hold the wireless button for at least 3 seconds or until you see the wireless light flashing.
NOTE: For HP Tango printers, you will need to press and hold the Wireless and Power buttons together located on the back of the printer for at least 5 seconds. Once the blue light on the edge begins flashing, it means that the printer is in WPS mode.
- Then, you will need to press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the connection process of WPS has started.
NOTE: Two minutes after the wireless button is pressed, the printer will stop searching for a WPS connection. In case you were unable to press the WPS button within the timeframe, you will need to repeat the steps again.
Once your printer successfully connects to the wireless network, you will find the blue wireless light flashing on the control panel turns to solid. However, if the printer is unable to connect to the wireless network, you can try connecting your printer with the HP Smart application.