Ever wondered why is it indispensable to change or reset the Yahoo account password from time to time? The straight and simple answer to it would be to protect or safeguard your account from any plausible cyber attacks.
Users of Yahoo are bestowed with a wide range of Yahoo services and products. Further, Yahoo Mail thrives to protect sensitive emails, documents, and other information. Hence, keeping your Yahoo Mail account safe should be the utmost priority. And when it comes to securing your account from hackers, imposters, and intruders, you need to take extra care that doesn’t restrict you to only creating a strong password but changing it frequently. Although there is no specific rule to it, you may like to invest in resetting or changing the Yahoo account password every 3 to 4 months.
Should You Bother Resetting or Changing Yahoo Account Password Regularly?
Even Yahoo feels the need of changing the password from time to time. According to Yahoo, “It’s also a good idea to update your password regularly and to make sure it’s unique from other passwords you use.”
It might come as a tough task remembering the passwords; you can be assured that your account will be safe and you will continue to access to every Yahoo service as long as you want without any hindrance.
Nonetheless, only changing the password won’t help unless it is a strong one. If reports are to be believed, more than 80% of cyber-security attacks involve stolen or weak password cases. Let’s understand the need for not just changing the Yahoo account password but creating a stronger one.
- Hackers Can’t Access Your Saved Passwords: If you are accustomed to saving passwords to your laptop or computer, this might put you in trouble when you sell it or lose it and someone else gets access to your saved passwords. This can lead to serious trouble as you have many important files and documents stored in your email ID. When you change your password regularly, the imposter wouldn’t be able to use the old one. You are safe!
- No Easy Access to Your Account: As per a survey it has come to the fore that people who don’t change their passwords regularly are prone to losing access to their account than of those who frequently reset the passwords. Before the hacker tries again, you have already changed the password. It minimizes the account threat.
- Prevent Multiple Account Breaches: No matter how many email accounts you have, you should never keep the same passwords for multiple accounts. For instance, you shouldn’t use your Facebook account password for Yahoo Mail. It shouldn’t happen either way. This will increase the risk of your Yahoo account being hacked or used by someone else.
- Prevent Keystroke Loggers to Access Info: Maybe you are not a tech-savvy person but the hacker is. He knows how to use a variety of tools to hack into anyone’s account and steal information. A Keystroke Logger is one of the advanced tools used to record keystrokes. The surveillance technology keeps an eye on every activity. When you reset passwords frequently, the tool will not be proved fruitful.
What to do if there’s a problem in Resetting or Changing Yahoo Account Password?
Now that you have heard so much about changing or resetting the Yahoo account password, let’s just do it.
On most occasions, Yahoo Mail users complain about facing problems in resetting or changing the Yahoo account password. Here are the most common errors that won’t allow Yahoo users to access their accounts.
- Login Credentials Don’t Match: If there’s a problem in changing or resetting the Yahoo account password, ensure that the login credentials are correct.
- Check “Num Lock” or “Caps Lock” Keys: Check these before typing in the credentials.
- Someone Has Changed Password: This could be a potential reason why you should encounter a problem while changing the password of your Yahoo account.
- Go to ‘Autofill’ Settings: Consider changing the autofill settings if your browser remembers all your passwords.
How to Reset or Change Yahoo Account Password? Resolved!
There are three ways to fix the resetting Yahoo account password problem.
- Reset a Forgotten Password Using Sign-in Helper
- Change Password from Mobile or Desktop Web Browser
- Change Password from Yahoo Mobile Apps
Check out the steps to resolve problems in resetting or changing the Yahoo account password.
Reset a Forgotten Password Using Sign-in Helper
- Go to the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page.
- Choose an account recovery item (from the list)
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Now you need to follow the guidelines as instructed in the Sign-in Helper.
NOTE: If your account is blocked temporarily, you will regain access after 12 hours. Click here Recover Blocked or Hacked Yahoo Account.
Change Password from a Mobile or Desktop Web Browser
- You need to log in to the Yahoo Account security page.
- Click on the “Change Password” option.
- Provide a new password and click “Continue”
The above steps can be used both on a desktop as well as a mobile browser.
Change Password from Yahoo Mobile Apps
- Go to the “Menu” icon.
- Tap the “Manage Accounts” option if using the Yahoo Mail apps.
- Press “Account info”.
- Next you need to tap the “Security Settings” option.
- After providing the security code, tap “Change password”.
- The next step would be tapping “I would rather change my password”.
- Create the new password, retype to confirm, and tap the “Continue” option.
Users who are not able to accomplish this task on their phone (in their app) must change the password using a mobile browser.
Note: You may also come across “No option to change your password”. In that case, check whether “Account Key” is on. If it is on, disable it before setting a new password.
Use the above tips to fix the problem by yourself. If you can’t, get in touch with the customer service team.