Troubleshoot “Outlook not responding” issue
Outlook not responding, stopped working, stuck at “Processing,” hand or freezes, issues fail to offer you a seamless mobile email experience. So, you need to start hunting for the right solution and resolve the issue as soon as possible via yourself. In case you unsucceeded, take the help of below-mentioned steps.
Steps to start Outlook in safe mode for fixing “Processing” screen:
- The first step says to close your Outlook.
- After that, you have to Launch Outlook in safe mode by selecting one of the following choices.
- Now, in Windows 10, select Start, type Outlook.exe /safe and then hit Enter.
- In Windows 7, select Start.
- And in the Search programs and files box, you have to type Outlook /safe, press Enter.
- Then in Windows 8, choose Run, type Outlook /safe, and then choose OK.
- Finally, close Outlook, and then open it on your PC.
Continue to these steps in case above-steps don’t work:
Step 1: You need to check for open dialog boxes. And hitting Alt+Tab will help you to switch from window to window and assist you to see what dialog boxes are stopping for Outlook from responding.
In case you are not getting a dialog box open, move to the next step.
Step 2: You need to check the status bar which is at the bottom of the screen. In case Outlook is performing some operation on many messages at once, you will surely face the problem. In this case, you need to give Outlook a few minutes for finishing the procedure.
Step 3: If you want to experience the uninterrupted email services of Outlook, then your Outlook should be updated. For installing the latest Windows and Office updates, you need to see Install Office updates.
Step 4: Generally, repairing Office programs can resolve troubles with Outlook not responding, or hanging issue.
Apart from this, errors in Office files are repaired automatically. Here are the steps for repairing your Office programs are:
- You need to quit Office programs that are running.
- After that in Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- After that in the list of installed programs, you need to right-hit or Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2016, and select Change.
You can proceed to the next step that says to create a new user profile. And to know the right procedure for this, you can get connected to Outlook professionals.