If you prefer Yahoo website a lot for News, Lifestyles, Movies, News, Mail, Search, Weather, Style, Marketing, etc., you may want to set Yahoo as your homepage. Setting Yahoo as your homepage will allow you to easily access the different service provided by Yahoo whenever you start your web browser. To know how to make Yahoo as your homepage, follow the information provided below for different web browser.
Steps to Make Yahoo as Your Homepage
For Chrome Web Browser
- Open Chrome web browser and click on the Menu bar icon (three horizontal lines) located on the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Settings option.
- Under Settings, go to the “On Startup” section and select “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Next, you will need to click on the “Add a new page” option. This will open a dialog box on your screen where you will be prompted to enter the Site URL. Enter the Yahoo URL in the provided field and click on the Add
- From the next time onward whenever you will launch Chrome browser, Yahoo page will be loaded.
NOTE: If you are already seeing a URL listed under the “Open a specific page or set of pages” section, you will need to click on the menu icon (three dots) next to it and select Remove option from the drop-down menu to delete it.
For Internet Explorer Web Browser
- Go to the Internet Explorer web browser and click on the Tools option.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on “Internet Options”.
- In the Internet Options window, go to “General” tab and enter “yahoo.com” in the “Home page” section.
- Next, you will need to ensure that “Start with home page” option is selected under the “Startup” section of the “General” tab.
- Then, click on the OK button to save the changes.
For Firefox Web Browser
- On your Firefox web browser, click on the Menu bar icon located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the menu window that appears on your screen, click “Options” (Gear icon). Your Firefox settings will open a separate tab.
- In the Settings window, you will need to go to the Startup section and enter the Yahoo page URL you wish to make the homepage in the provided field under Home Page
- Next, select Show my home page option under When Firefox Starts
- The Yahoo page will be configured as your home page on Firefox browser.
For Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on your Microsoft Edge web browser and select the Settings This will open the Settings sidebar.
- Under Settings, go to the “On Startup” section and select the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Click on the Set pages option next to “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Enter the URL of the Yahoo page you wish to add in the Startup pages window that appears on your screen.
- After that, click on the OK button and then on the Save button. From next time onwards, your Yahoo page will be loaded as the homepage of your Microsoft Edge web browser.
Safari Web Browser
- Click on the Edit button located on the top-left corner of your Safari web browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Preferences
- In the Preferences menu, click on the “Safari opens with” menu and choose “Homepage” option.
- Next, go to “New windows opens with” section, click on the “Homepage” field and enter the Yahoo site you wish to make your homepage.
- Your desired Yahoo website will be set as the homepage of your browser.
- Additionally, you will also need to add the Home button to the toolbar of Safari browser as by default it doesn’t come included in the toolbar. To add a Home button, you will need to click on the View menu and choose “Customize Toolbar” option. Drag the Home button into the Safari toolbar. It will be added into the Safari toolbar.
So, this is how you can make your desired Yahoo website as your homepage on a particular browser.