Facebook is a great platform to get social with your friends, family, and co-workers online. It allows users to add photos of their recent activities through timeline and profile picture. This is generally one of the basic yet best things that you can do with your Facebook account. While uploading a photo on your Facebook account is a simple process, however, some users are unable to find the option to delete an already uploaded a profile picture in their account. If you are also not aware of how to remove your Facebook profile picture, then this guide can help you in learning and being prepared to perform this action in your account whenever required. To know how to delete your Facebook profile picture, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below in this guide.
Steps to Hide or Delete Your Facebook Profile Picture
- On your computer, open a web browser and sign in to your Facebook account.
- Once you are logged in to your Facebook account, you will need to click on your profile picture located in the upper-left corner of your Facebook account.
- As you will click on the profile picture, it will load the profile photo over your screen. Here, you will need to move your mouse cursor over the photo, you will see a couple of options on the bottom of the photos.
- From the shown options, you will need to click “Options”. A menu will pop-up on the screen.
- From the menu, you will need to click on the Delete this photo option and select Delete button in the popped-up confirmation box. Your profile picture will be removed permanently from your Facebook account.
NOTE: Instead of deleting your profile picture from your Facebook account, you can also hide it in your account. This way, you can unhide the photo in your Facebook account whenever you wish to. To know how to hide your Facebook profile picture follow the instructions provided below.
- Sign in to your Facebook account and click on your Profile photo.
- When your profile photo opens up in a separate window over your screen, you will need to click on the Edit button located on the right-hand section (next to Add location option).
- As you will click on the Edit button, it will open an editable field in the same space.
- In the Editable space, you will need to click on the Public/Friends/Friends except/Specific friends This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- In the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the More
- Clicking on the More option will reveal further options from which you will need to select the “Only me” option. Clicking on this option will hide your photos and prevent it from being visible to others on Facebook.
- In case you later wish to make your hidden profile photo visible to others, you can repeat the steps again and select Public, Friends, Friends except, or Specific Friends options as per your choice.
So, these are the steps to hide or remove a profile picture in your Facebook account.