QuickBooks is reliable, flexible, and secure account software for businesses. Not only it helps in making daily business tasks easy and efficient but also keeps every aspect of business up-to-date and organized automatically. Whether you want to have a proper cash management, payroll management, inventory management, or project accounting, banking management or everything, QuickBooks is the perfect accounting software to fulfill all your business needs. However, being a technical product, some issues and errors are inevitable in QuickBooks. One of such issues reported by many users includes Error 6129. If you are also getting Error 6129 in your QuickBooks, following the below-mentioned steps can help you resolve the problem easily.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129
Before moving on to the solution, let us know what exactly Error 6129 means.
What Does QuickBooks Error 6129 Means?
Error 6129 basically occurs due to the failure of database connection verification. If you experience any of the following problems occurs while using QuickBooks, it is most probably Error 6129.
- Active program window crashing frequently.
- Computer crashing frequently when running a similar program simultaneously.
- You are seeing a QuickBooks Pro Error Code 6129.
- Windows responding or running slow when using a mouse or keyboard.
- Screen freezing frequently.
When Error 6129 Does Occurs?
- At the time of installation of the program.
- When starting or shutting Windows.
- At the time of installation of Windows operating system.
Reasons Causing QuickBooks Error 6129
- Incomplete installation or corrupt files in QuickBooks Pro software.
- Corrupt Windows registry.
- Virus or malware infected files on Windows or QuickBooks Pro program files getting corrupted due to malware or viruses.
- Corrupt or damaged Network Data file.
- Third-party Anti-virus causing an error.
- Upgrading a company file to a newer version of QuickBooks using a non-Windows Administrator profile.
If creating a new company file:
- Select Leave on the Easy Step Interview window.
- Click Yes when prompted to save the file.
- Try entering a different name in the file and click Save.
- Try shifting the file to other location in case the filename doesn’t function.
In case of opening or upgrading your company file
Before following the below-mentioned methods, make sure to first inspect of the issue is related to file or not. You can check that by opening a sample company. If the issue is with all company files, follow the solution 1. Also, make sure that you are logged in as Windows Administrator before applying the following solutions.
Solution 1: Rename the .nd File
- Find and open where your company file is saved.
- Locate the corresponding .nd file of your company file. For example – companyfilename.abd.nd
- Right-click mouse button on the .nd file and rename it like .old and press Enter. For example-companyfilename.abd.nd.old
- In case the company file is being used by multiple computers, make sure to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. However, only one computer is using the QuickBooks, open the company file.
Solution 2: Copy Company file to a different location
- Create a new folder.
- Go to the folder location where the company file is saved.
- Next, copy QuickBooks company file (.qbw). While copying, make sure to not to copy other files like .nd and .tlg.
- Paste the copied .qbw file into the new folder.
- If multiple computers are using QuickBooks, make sure to set up folder permissions. Add the newly created folder to QuickBooks Database Server Manager. However, if it is being used by a single computer, simply open the company file.
Solution 3: Boot your PC in Safe Mode
The possibility of a third party application not letting QuickBooks from running is not there anymore when you start your computer in Safe Mode. Also, try to temporarily disable your third-party security programs. Experts can help you in this regard so it is best to contact them.
Solution 4: All Computers must be in the same Domain
Make sure that all the computers are in the same domain. A domain is basically a computer network maintained by a computer expert. In case all the computers are not in the same domain, it is best to seek assistance from a technical expert to help you make all computers functioning on the same domain.
More about:- Follow this links to get help & support.