It’s very frustrating when you are in a hurry to print a document from your Epson printer but your printer is skipping lines when it’s on printing command. If you are facing the same that your printer not printing all lines or missing lines while printing, then it’s more obvious that you are looking for the ways to manually fix the issue. Well to help you in the situation, we are offering the more prominent and secure ways to easily fix Epson Printer Skipping Lines Issue. However, before getting into the steps, it’s important to understand the root cause of the issue.
Reasons That Creates Epson Printer Skipping Lines Issue
There are various reasons behind the Epson Printer Skipping Lines issue that can make your experience terrible with the Epson printer. Few of them are:
- Clogging issue of Nozzle
- Damaged cartridges
- Misaligned print heads in the printer
- Set Low-quality print settings
- Incorrect paper thickness settings
Steps to Fix Epson Printer Skipping Lines Issue –
Follow the below-mentioned proven steps to rectify Epson Printer Skipping Lines issue:
#1 Clean the Contacts
- To start with, open the ink cartridge access door in your Epson printer and wait until the carriage is silent.
- Now, turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the ink cartridge very carefully and place it on a paper with the nozzle plate facing up direction.
- In the next step, clean the copper-colored contacts with distilled water and lint-free cloth.
- Clean other ink cartridges and the electrical contacts in the carriage as well to eliminate the issue.
- After this, allow the carriage electrical contacts and ink cartridge to dry for 10 minutes.
- Once it is done, reinstall the ink cartridges and close the accessing door of the ink cartridge.
- Thereafter, reconnect the printer and press the Power button to turn the Epson printer On.
- Finally, print a test page to check for the issue update.
#2 Run the Clean Print Cartridges Utility
- To begin with, connect your Epson printer to the computer and turn it on.
- Once it is connected successfully, click on the option which says Windows Start button and then go to the Control Panel.
- Now, double click on the “Printer and Faxes” folder.
- In the next step, right-click on your printer’s icon and select Preferences.
- After this, tap on the Services button and explore & choose Service this Device.
- Once you clicked on the “Service this device” option it will open up the Printer Toolbox.
- Now on the Device Services tab, go for the Clean the Print Cartridge and follow the onscreen prompt guidelines to fix the issue.
- At last, print a test page to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
These are the ways to fix Epson Printer Skipping Lines Issue on time, so you can pursue your important work without any delay.