The minimal living is the success mantra of today’s life. If you don’t need anything, then don’t store it. And this formula is equally applicable to your phone. It is always advisable to delete any unwanted or unused app from your phone to make it fast. Though Hotmail is a popular email service, many people prefer different email account according to their requirements and choice. So if you don’t use your Hotmail account, then you need to delete it from your iPhone 5 as soon as possible.
Luckily, iPhone has a very easy and user-friendly email account deleting process. You don’t need to go for any complex procedure to change your preferred email account. Here we will discuss the steps to delete Hotmail account on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.
- First of all, tap on the Settings tab on your home screen.
- Now go to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- In this option, you will find your Hotmail account listed under Accounts.
- In the bottom part of the screen, you can see the tab Delete Account.
- Now you have to confirm it by touching ‘Delete from my iPhone’.
Troubleshooting while deleting the Hotmail account in iPhone 5:
Though these steps are quite easy and simple to follow, some people are facing problems while deleting it. If you are facing problem while deleting the Hotmail account from your iPhone 5, then there may be some problems in the process. Many users complain in the iPhone forum that they are not able to delete it by following the above-mentioned steps. In this case, you need to try a different method.
- You need to close all the applications and try the above steps again.
- Now you can restart the phone. You can also reset the phone if required.
- If the Hotmail account is still there on the phone, then you have to restore the iPhone 5.
When you restore the phone, the Hotmail account will be deleted automatically. Now you can use your preferred Hotmail email account service from the account.
Remember, these steps mentioned here are to delete the Hotmail account on an iPhone 5. It is not the way to delete the account. Your Hotmail account will be synced to the other devices you have logged in. You can open and access your Hotmail account from any other phone, iPad or computer.