When it comes to performance and quality, Epson printers are known to be the best in class. Whether you wish to carry out printing, copying, scanning operations, or wish to fax a document with ultra-crisp quality, Epson printer never fails to impress you. The multifunctional display, mobile operations, and ultra-low-cost refillable ink bottles make Epson printer a preferred choice among both home usage and office requirement. Well, if you have an Epson printer in your office or home and you wish to set it up with a wireless connection for carrying out your printing, scanning, copying and faxing jobs, you can do that easily by following the detailed instructions provided below.
Steps to Connect Epson Printer to WiFi
As the latest Epson printer models come with the option of wireless printing, you would want to set up your printer to a WiFi connection. If you don’t know how to connect your Epson printer to WiFi, you can follow the step by step instructions provided below.
- To connect your Epson printer to a WiFi network, you will first need to download and install the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Once you download and begin installing the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility, you will need to agree to the End-User License Agreement and click on the Next button, when prompted.
- Next, you will need to click on the Install option and then on the Finish
- On the next screen, you will need to choose your product and then click on the Next You will be directed to the “Register or Remove the Printer from Epson Connect” window on the next screen.
- In the “Register or Remove the Printer from Epson Connect” window, you will need to select the radio icon next to the Printer Registration Then, you will need to click on the Next button. This will take you to the “License agreement and privacy statement” window.
- In the “License agreement and privacy statement” window, you will need to select the Agree button and click on the Next
- Once you see the message that reads “Register a printer to Epson Connect” on your screen, you will need to click on the OK
- After you press the OK button, you will need to do one of the following on the next screen:
- If you are looking to creating a new account, you will need to fill out the form in the “Create an Epson Connect Account” section and click on the Finish button once you fill the form.
- If you are looking to register a new product using an existing account, in such a case, you will need to fill the form in the “Add a new printer” section. After filling up the form completely, click on the Add
- After you are done following the above-mentioned steps, you will need to click on the Close
- As you will click on the Close button, your Epson will be connected to the WiFi network.
While the above-mentioned steps can help you connect your Epson printer to WiFI, however, these steps should be followed only when your printer is already configured with a wireless or Ethernet connection. If your printer is not set up with a wireless or Ethernet connection, you will first need to follow the instructions provided hereinbelow.
Also Read: How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 031008
Setting up your New Epson Printer for the First Time
NOTE: The steps provided below may vary a bit depending on the type and model of your Epson printer. So, you may have to check the steps according to your printer model.
Before you begin following the steps provided below to connect your Epson printer on a wireless connection, it is important to have the following information ready for a smooth configuration process.
- Make sure that you have the Name of your WiFi network (SSID) and password available with you.
- Make sure to download and install the Epson connect printer setup utility.
Once you are ready with the above-mentioned requirements, you can set up your newly bought Epson Printer using these steps.
Unpack your Printer
- To begin with, you will first need to take out your printer from the box, remove all the tapes from it.
- In the box, you will find the Printer, Connecting cords, 4 ink cartridges, a CD, and manual. In case any of these parts are missing in the box, you will need to contact Epson as suggested on the back of the sheet.
Unlock your Printer
- Once you have all the content mentioned above in the box, you will first need to unlock the printer. For this, you will need to begin by lifting the scanner flap of the printer up.
- After lifting up the scanning flap, you will need to remove the tape from the ink cartridge holder and close the scanner back.
Switch on your Printer
- Now, you will need to turn on the printer by connecting the power cable.
- To connect the cable, press the Power icon
Ink Cartridges Installation
- Next, you will need to install the Ink Cartridges. For this, you will again need to lift the scanner flap of your printer up and open the ink cartridge cover.
- Then, you will need to shake the ink cartridges, unpack them carefully, and insert the cartridges in the holder for each color. You will need to press the cartridges down until they click.
- Now you will need to close the ink cartridge cover, press it down, and close the scanner. Then, you will need to press the ink icon button (water drop icon) to charge the ink. Wait for a couple of minutes to allow charging.
NOTE: Do not turn off the Epson Printer while the power light is flashing. If you turn off the printer, you may waste ink.
- Once you have charged the ink cartridges, you will need to load the paper. For this, you will need to open the paper support and remove its extensions by pulling it up.
- Now, you will need to open the output tray and take out the extension. Then, flip the feeder guard forward and slide the edge guide lift.
- Next, you will need to load the paper in the right edge guide and slide the left-hand side edge guide over. Then, flip the Feeder guard back to its position.
- Once you are done loading the paper as suggested, you will need to install software for your Epson printer.
- To install the software, you will need to insert the Epson Software CD you received in the packaging. After inserting the CD, you will need to click on the Install option and follow the on-screen instructions. Wait for a few minutes to allow the software installation process.
- When prompted, you will need to connect the USB cable on any of the open USB port on your computer.
NOTE: In case the installation process doesn’t continue after a moment, check whether or not your Epson printer is securely connected and turned on.
- Eject the CD and restart your computer when you are done with the installation process. Now, you are ready to print, copy and scan from your printer.
What do all the lights and buttons indicate on your computer?
There are numerous lights and buttons on the printer which you will see and use from time to time according to the type of task you are carrying out using it. Below you can find the information about what a particular light indicates when it is glowing on your computer.
- When you see the Greenlight flashing on your computer, you will need to wait until it stops before pressing any button on the control panel.
- If you see that the red Error light is “ON” on the printer, you will need to turn Off your Epson printer and turn it On again to clear the error.
- If you see that the red Error light is still ON or Flashing, you will need to check your paper loading and ink installation and check the rest of the remaining packing material.
- If you wish to make a copy of a text page, you will need to place your document face-down on the scanner glass and press the Start B&W
- If you wish to copy a photo, you will need to place your photo face-down on the scanner glass and press the Start Color
So, these are the instructions that you will need to follow to connect your Epson Printer to a WiFi network.