Microsoft offer all associated services with a single user ID and password; so now your Skype account will have all the accounts as Outlook.com, Office Online, OneDrive, Xbox Live, or Windows associated with it. When you feel like the need to discontinue using your Skype account or when you feel like to delete your account completely, then you can take help from this guide.
Though, the very first things we recommend is to get back up of your all conversation, contacts and messages before closing your account. This is really vital to do as you can’t get back those important conversations, attachments and other files after deleting your Skype account. Your Skype account will take 60 days to get deleted completely after sending this account closure request. You can take help from this step by step guide to close your account.
How to close my Skype account?
- First, you need to sign in to your Skype account using the user ID and password
- After that, follow the steps in this article to verify that –
- Check whether important information such as files and contacts are saved as backup
- Make sure that your Skype Credit balance has been used complete. After closing your account, you can’t get it back by any mean
- Along this, check for any active subscriptions have been cancelled or not; so you don’t continue to get charged for that particular subscription even after deleting the account
- Then, go to Skype account closure page; you might need to sign in or verify your password for processing further
- You have to make sure that you are signed in to the account you want to close and select the Next button
- Here, from the Select a reason drop-down list, you need to select the reason that why you are closing the account
- And then select Mark account for closure option here
- Once you submit it, then your account will be closed in 60 days. Though, Skype team will wait for next 60 days before permanently deleting accounts in case you change your mind or want to get back access of your Skype account
- In case, you want your Skype account in those 60 days, you can cancel it by signing in to your account
Make sure that you won’t get sign in to your Skype account during this period until you want to reopen the same account.
Related Blog :- Learn How to Fix Skype Crash Issue on Windows 10?