One of the most irritating issues experienced by users on their Facebook account is finding their account to be locked temporarily. If your Facebook account also seems to be locked temporarily, there can be numerous reasons responsible for causing this issue. Below you can find the information about the reason responsible for causing this issue along with a solution to overcome the problem.
Guide to Fix “Facebook Account Temporarily Locked” Error
Reasons Responsible for Causing the Issue
Report on Illegal Activity
If you have been doing activities in your account which are considered illegal by Facebook and someone reports about it, Facebook may block your account temporarily with or without notifying you about the same. So, make sure to avoid carrying out activities that might prevent you from accessing your Facebook account.
Ignoring Facebook Warnings
Generally, Facebook gives multiple warnings to the users when they violate any rules or restrictions posed by it. For example, promoting, advertising, sharing inappropriate content, or contenting the other users for dating and harassment will make Facebook warn you about them. Continuously ignoring the warnings and keep misusing the Facebook platform may lock your account temporarily.
When any type of suspicious activities is sensed by Facebook in your account which appears to be carried out by someone else other than you (like a hacker), your account may get temporarily suspended for the security reasons. In such a case resetting the password can help you regain access to your account and make it secure against hacking.
Now as you know the most possible reasons that can lead to the temporary suspension of your account, you can avoid those reasons to prevent your account from getting temporarily locked. However, if you are account has already been locked, you can follow these suggestions to fix the issue.
Solution to Fix “Facebook Temporary Locked” Issue
- Open a supported web browser and go to Facebook.com page.
- On the Facebook sign-in page, enter your login credentials in the provided field.
- On the security page, you will need to click on the “Get help from friends” option. This will open a trusted contact page.
- On the trusted contact page, you will need to select the friends you can trust and click on the Continue
- Clicking on the Continue button will send a security code to the selected friends’ accounts.
- You will need to contact those friends and ask them for the security code.
- Then, use this code to unlock your Facebook account.
While following the above-mentioned suggestions should help you fix the issue in your Facebook account, you can also try resetting the password of your account when it seems that someone has hacked your account. To reset the password follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook login page on your web browser.
- Click on the Forgot Password?
- Next, enter your email, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account and click on the Search
- Then, simply follow the on-screen instructions to reset the password of your Facebook account.
So, this is how you can fix the “Facebook Account Temporary Locked” error in your Facebook account.