It can be quite frustrating to see Error Code 404 each time you try to access or use your Yahoo Mail account. Generally, 404 is a standard HTTP response code which indicates that browse was able to connect with the given server; however, the server couldn’t find what was requested. If you are also facing this error in your Yahoo Mail account, you can get it fixed by following the information provided below.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Error Code 404
The error code 404 is caused when you have a lot of cache and cookies in your browser. Clearing the cache and cookies usually helps in fixing the issue in your Yahoo Mail account. To know how to clear cache and cookies from your web browser follow the information provided below.
For Google Chrome Browser
- Click on the More icon (three vertical dots).
- Next, go to More Tools option and select Clear browsing data.
- Select a time range from the option given at the top. If you wish to delete everything, you will need to select All time.
- Then, select the checkbox next to – Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- After that, click on the Clear data
For Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Menu bar icon and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Privacy & Security
- Then, click on the Clear Data… option in the Cookies and Site Data.
- After that, deselect the checkbox next to Cookies and Site Data.
- Once the Cached Web Content is check marked, click on the Clear
- Then, close the about: preferences Changes you have made will be saved automatically.
For Microsoft Edge
- Go to Favorites > History on your Edge browser.
- Next, select the Clear History option and select the types of data that you wish to remove from your PC. This means that you may wish to remove cookies and browsing history but may want to keep the history for passwords and autofill. So, make the selecting accordingly.
- Then, select a clear option to clear the cookies and cache.
For Apple Safari Web Browser
- From the Safari pull-down menu, you will need to select the Reset Safari
- Next, choose the Clear history option and click on the Reset
Once you are done clearing the cookies and caches from a web browser from your relevant web browser, restart your browser and computer. Then, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account to see if the problem is fixed or not. In most of the cases, just clearing the cache and cookies should help you get rid of the 404 error code in your Yahoo Mail account.