When it comes for instant messages and calls, Skype dominates the market. With Skype voice and video calling functionality, you can easily communicate with your friends, family, and colleagues. However, some users have reported an issue that their Skype video is not working. If you are facing the same issue with Skype, then you need not worry, as here we are providing you with the comprehensive guide to fix Skype video not working issue.
Steps to Fix Skype Video Not Working Issue on Desktop
Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
#1 Check Your System’s Privacy Permission- Whether you use Mac OSX Mojave (10.14 or higher) or Skype for Windows 10 (version 14), make sure you have granted permission for Skype to use your microphone and camera.
In order to grant permission to Skype check the below-provided steps-
- Mac OSX Mojave (10.14 or higher): To begin the process, go to Mac System Preferences and then select Security & Privacy. After this, click on Privacy Tab and select Microphone/ Camera and grant access to Skype app.
- Skype for Windows 10 (version 14): Click on Start, then select the Settings and open Privacy. In the next step, choose either Camera or Microphone and make sure that the toggle button is ON. Now, restart Skype and go to your Skype Audio & Video Settings to authenticate the correct device is selected within Skype.
#2 Make a Free Test Call- If the problem still persists, try to make a test video call on Skype. It is the easiest way to see if there is an issue with your audio/video settings. To make a free test call, pursue the instructions provided below:
- Launch Skype on the desktop, and click on your Profile Picture.
- In the next step, select Settings and then tap on Audio & Video Settings.
- Finally, click on Make a free test call to understand the issue.
#3 Check Your Skype Camera- In order to check the Camera settings, you need to follow the steps as under:
- Open Skype on the desktop and click on your Profile Picture and select Settings and explore Audio & Video Settings to precede the process.
- Now, under Video, check to see if your video is showing a preview for your camera.
Note: If you are using Skype on Windows 10, then make sure your webcam meets the minimum requirements for Windows Store apps.
And this is how you can fix Skype video not working issue.