Malwarebytes is popular software that helps you protect against malware, malicious websites, ransomware, and numerous other advanced online threats. Though there is numerous other software available, offering similar protection, what makes Malwarebytes have an advantage is that it consumes less memory while not compromising on security. Issues and errors are rare with Malwarebytes though, sometimes users do face problems opening it. If you are also seeing “Malwarebytes is not opening” error on your computer, you can overcome the problem by following the instructions provided below.
Guide to Fix Malwarebytes Not Opening Error
Generally, the reasons with Malwarebytes not opening could be because of missing files, registry errors, pending Windows updates or adware. One other reason that could be responsible for the issues is having infected programs installed on your computer.
Boot Your Windows in Safe Mode
When you boot your computer in safe mode, it prevents many third-party applications from running in the background. To know how to boot Windows in safe mode, follow the instructions provided below.
- Start by turning off your computer and the power as well.
- Next, you will need to turn on your PC and press and hold down the F9 key on your keyboard. This will display the Advance recovery menu on your screen.
- Then, you will need to select the Troubleshoot option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- After that, you will need to select the Advanced Options and then the Startup Settings
- Now, you will need to click on the Restart button and select Safe mode with Networking option from the list.
- Once your computer boots in safe mode, you will need to launch Malwarebytes and try to scan for infected programs.
- Finally, you will need to restart your PC and check whether the Malwarebytes not opening issue solved has been resolved or not.
Remove and Reinstall Malwarebytes to Solve
- On your computer, go to the Windows Search bar, type Run in the provided field and press Enter key on your keyboard. This will open Run Box on your computer.
- In the Run Box, you will need to enter “Cpl” in the provided field. Doing so will open the Uninstall or change a program window on your screen.
- Next, you will need to find and Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from your system.
- Then, install a fresh copy of Malwarebytes from the official website and check if this clears the issue in your computer with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes Not Working on Windows 10& Mac
If you are unable to launch Malwarebytes on your Windows 10 & Mac, it is suggested to scan and clean your computer to make it free from any sort of infected files. For more assistance, you can reach a technical expert who can provide you support in an adequate manner.
So, these are the workarounds that you can follow in order to fix Malwarebytes not opening an issue on your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to Fix Malwarebytes Not Opening?
One of the easiest ways to fix Malwarebytes not opening is by Uninstalling and Reinstalling Malwarebytes program on your system. If this doesn’t help you overcome the problem, you can refer to the workarounds provided in this guide.
- What could be preventing Malwarebytes from functioning?
There can be more than one reason that could be affecting the functionality of Malwarebytes on your system. Some of the common reasons are corrupt files, infected programs installed on the system, incomplete installation, viruses, compatibility issues, and other technical errors.
- Is it possible to use Malwarebytes in Safe Mode Windows?
Yes, you can easily access your Malwarebytes program in safe mode. Make sure to run it in Safe mode with networking.
- Is Malwarebytes Compatible with Mac, Android, and iOS?
Yes, Malwarebytes is available for all major platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Does Malwarebytes Help Remove Trojan?
Yes, Malwarebytes is capable of fixing issues that most of the antivirus software can’t. It is capable of detecting the virus, spyware, ransomware, malware infection, adware, and trojan on the computer.
- Is Malwarebytes compatible for Windows 10?
Yes, you can easily install and use Malwarebytes on your Windows 10 system. Though Microsoft Windows Defender antivirus is the best antivirus to protect your system from viruses, however, it is suggested to keep your system safe from adware, malware, and trojan also. To keep in check your system for such online threats, it is suggested to have additional protection using the Malwarebytes program.
- Can I use Malwarebytes for my Business purposes?
Of course, you can use the Malwarebytes program to safeguard online operations you carry out with your business. They provided dedicated Malwarebyte software for business.
- Is it possible to Contact Malwarebytes?
Yes, Malwarebytes has dedicated customer support to help users seek prompt assistance for their varied queries and concerns. Just go to the support page of Malwarebytes and you will find different support options available for the customers.