Having trouble printing a document on your HP printer? The problem could be arising mainly because of the paper jam error. If you are also facing trouble printing a file or document on your HP printer due to paper jamming, you can try fixing the problem by following the workarounds provided below.
Guide to Fix HP Printer Paper Jam Issues
Method 1: Fix a Jam from Outside of the Printer
In this method, you will need to fix the paper jam from an external input tray, output tray, and/or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Removing Paper Jam from Input and Output Paper Trays
- Start by checking the areas where the paper enters and exits the printer and clear any jammed paper.
- Removing Paper Jam from Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Here, you will need to open the ADF cover and remove any jammed paper you find there.
Method 2: Fix a Paper Jam from the Inside of the Printer
Sometimes, the paper jam error can also occur from inside of the printer, therefore you need to make sure that the problem is not being caused due to such a situation. For this, you will need to check each area for torn paper and dirt or debris using a flashlight. Here are the steps to do it.
- Switch off your HP Printer and remove the plug from the power.
- Make sure to also disconnect the power cord and any other cable.
- Now, you will need to remove jammed paper from these areas:
- Under the Paper Path Cover: If your printer comes with a paper path cover located behind the carriage, you will need to remove the cover, and then clear jammed paper (if any).
- Ink or Toner Cartridge Access Area: In some models of HP Laserjet printers, you might have to detach the toner cartridge and/or imaging drum to reach the jammed paper location.
- Bottom Cleanout Door: If your printer comes with a bottom cleanout door, you will need to cautiously lift the printer and check under it. If you find any jammed paper, clear it thoroughly.
- Input Tray: Remove the input tray from your printer and then clear any sort of paper jammed in it.
- Then, you will need to replace any part that you removed and make sure to close any open doors.
- After that, reconnect the power cord, and cables that you disconnected before following these instructions. Finally, turn on the printer and see if the problem is fixed or not.
In most of the cases, following the above-mentioned should help you fix the paper jam issues in your HP Printer. In case if the “paper jam” problem persists even after following the given instructions, it is recommended to seek assistance by reaching HP Customer Support and searching for your particular HP Printer Name and paper jam for detailed information. So, this is how you can fix the paper jam issue in your HP printer.