Although HP printers are regarded for offering uninterrupted performance, however, sometimes one or the other issue may arise in some users’ printers due to unknown reason. One of the issues that a user generally experiences with his printer is problem printing documents because of being offline. If you are also facing printing issue because of your Printer not getting online, you can follow the steps provided below to overcome this issue.
Steps to Change HP Printer from Offline to Online
- Turn on your computer with which you have connected your HP printer. Here, you need not have to turn on your printer to change it from offline to online.
- Once your computer turns on, you will need to click on the Start menu located on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then, under the Start menu, you will need to click on the “Devices and Printers”.
- Then, you will need to click on the HP printer option under “Devices and Printers”.
- On the HP Printer window, you will need to click where the status shows “Offline”. Then, you will need to click on the “Printer” option on the pop-up window that appears. After that, you will need to deselect the “Use Printer Offline” option. This way your printer will be changed from offline to online mode.
Though, you now know how to change your HP printer from offline to online, you would also like to know to prevent this issue from occurring in future. Here are the steps to permanently fix the issue in your HP Printers:
- Begin by restarting your HP printer. Simply turn off your printer and turn it on again. Make sure to keep the printer off for a couple of minutes before turning it on again.
- As internet network plays an important role in using printers, it is important to make sure that your device is connected to the printer properly. You will see the light on the back of the printer showing the connectivity status. The green light on the printer will show that your device is properly connected.
- Make sure that the account you are using for your computing device has the “Manage printer” rights.
- Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your device. You can download and install the latest drivers for your device from the official website.
Apart from following the above-mentioned steps, you can also overcome the issues that are preventing you to connect your printer to the device.
- Your Windows computer comes with an inbuilt Troubleshooter tool that helps you fix common issues with your computer.
- For this, enter “Troubleshooter” in the search box and then select the “troubleshooting” option when it appears on your window.
- Now, under the Hardware and sound option, you will need to select “Use a printer”.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to let the issue fixed automatically.
In most of the cases, following the above-mentioned instructions should help you fix the problem with your HP Printer. However, if the problem persists even after following the given solution, you can seek assistance from our HP Printer customer support. Our experts are proficient and experienced in handling different HP Printer-related issues promptly. To get assistance from our experts, feel free to call on our toll-free HP Printer technical support phone number. Also, you can connect with our professionals via email and live-chat support mediums. All our communication lines are open 24 by 7.