A lot of AOL users are known for reporting problem with sending emails because of the Error Code 475. The Error Code 475 means that there was some suspicious activity detected in a user’s account which made AOL blocks the account from sending spam-like emails. If you are seeing this error in your AOL account, you will be able to receive emails but you won’t be able to send any type of email from your account. To know how to fix the AOL Error Code 475 in your account, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Fix AOL Error Code 475
Before getting on to the solution for the AOL Error Code 475, let us know the causes responsible for this issue:
- A lot of emails has been sent from your AOL Mail account in a short period of time.
- The emails in your AOL Mail account contain duplicate information.
- You are sending the same email message to multiple recipients.
- You have emails stuck in the Outbox folder of your AOL mail account.
Resolving these causes will help you overcome the error code easily in your account.
METHOD 1: Delete Emails from the Outbox Folder
Sometimes, an email you send from your AOL Mail account might not get sent due to certain reasons which may make the email to get stuck in Outbox folder of your account. This could be considered as suspicious email sending habit which might prevent you from sending any further emails until the error is cleared.
In such a condition, you can clear the issue by deleting the email from the Outbox folder of your AOL Mail account. Here are the steps to quickly delete the emails from the Outbox folder:
- Go to your AOL Mail account and go to the Outbox folder.
- Right-click on the email in the Outbox folder.
- Select the Delete option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- The email will be deleted.
METHOD 2: Consider Changing the AOL Mail Password
The issue can also occur when you travel to different locations (especially foreign countries). In such cases, the email client sometimes fails to update the webmail because of suspicions and thus prevent you from sending emails.
A lot of users facing this issue have overcome this problem by changing the password of their account. So, it is suggested to change the password your account. To change the password, follow these steps:
- In your AOL Mail, go to the Account info option.
- Under Account info, you will need to select the Account Security option.
- Under Account Security, click on the Change password option.
- Then, simply follow the on-screen instructions to change the password for your account.
METHOD 3: Wait for Some Time to Let Your Account Get Unlocked Automatically
Generally, AOL Mail takes around 12 hours before withdrawing a restriction put on your account due to suspicious activities. In case the problem persists even after following the above methods, try waiting for the mentioned period to let the problem fix automatically.
In most of the cases, following the above-given methods should fix the Error Code 475 problem with your AOL Mail account.