When we talk about printer’s functionality and quality, then Epson printer’s won the battle. This useful device offers a plethora of features and reduces a tedious amount of paperwork to handle the burden. So if you are looking for the best-featured printer available in the market, no other brand can match Epson’s high standards. However, every best product has some drawbacks and limitations, so does the Epson Printer Error Code 031008. The Error Code 031008 of the Epson printer majorly happens due to the incorrectly inserted printhead or ink cartridges. If you are struggling with the same and looking for ways to fix Epson Printer Error Code 031008 then this write-up really helps you with the situation.
Solve Error Message 031008 – Get Proven Steps
The sudden appearance of Epson Printer Error Code 031008 might cause an indefinite time break to your printing session. Check the measurable steps quickly to fix the error.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Restart Your Printer
Knowing that your printer has been hijacked by the error code 031008 might be a little surprising for you. Although you can perform these steps to resolve the issue:
- At first, remove the power cable from the power outlet.
- Next, click on the power button and hold it for approximately a minute or 2.
- Then, you will require to plug in the power cable in the wall outlet again.
- Once you see the printer is turned on, leave the power button immediately and proceed into the next step.
- Finally, you can try to take a sample in order to check whether the error is eliminated.
If the error still exists, you can switch to the next step and try the method.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Try Hard Resetting Method
Printer reset is a complicated process that involves a series of complex steps. We advised you to try out the given steps only, as a little mistake can ruin your device and disrupt the entire work process.
Procedure to Reboot Your Epson Printer:
- At first, switch off your Epson printer and take out the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Then, wait for a couple of minutes and then plug in the power cord again to the outlet.
- Turn on your printer and press & hold the resume key for another 10 to 20 seconds.
- At that time, you will receive a message saying “reset the printer to its default settings”.
- Tap “OK” and finally release the resume key.
- At last, take a sample print to analyze whether the issue is resolved.
Troubleshoot Method 3: Reset the Ink Cartridge
The ink cartridge is an essential yet important part of any printer. The procedure of ink cartridge maintains the smooth flow of ink into the printer for generating the printouts. In case you are having the issue with your ink cartridge then you get an Epson Printer Error Code 031008. Here’s how you can easily reset the ink cartridge and make them working again.
- To begin with, power off the printer and remove all the attached cords and cables.
- Now, open the cartridge cover and remove the ink cartridge and clean it smoothly with a dry cotton cloth.
- Once it is done, reinsert it again.
- Next, click on the reset button against all the chip contacts present on the cartridge for some time.
- Now, you will see a bright red light blinking which indicates a strong contact established between the printer and the ink cartridge.
- In the next step, hold the reset button for about a minute until you see a green LED light begins to blink. This will confirm the successful completion of the reset process.
Troubleshoot Method 4: Clean the Printhead of your Printer
To make things easier for you, the Epson offers both the automatic and manual process to clean the printhead of your printer. For manual cleaning you can pursue these steps:
- At first, turn off the printer and unplug all the power cords from the wall outlet.
- In the next step, take out both the ink cartridges and the printhead by opening the latch behind.
- Now, take a dry cotton cloth and start cleaning the printhead contacts very carefully.
- Then, place the printhead once again within the device and use the latch to set the printhead in its proper location.
- Place the cartridges within the printer and take a sample print to confirm the removal of the error code.
If you tried all the recovery methods to fix Epson Printer Error Code 031008 and nothing works for you then contact our proadvisors to get instant help for your printer issues.