Looking to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your HP Printer? Learn how to connect your iPhone or iPad to an AirPrint-compatible HP printer by following the step-by-step instructions provided below in this guide.
Steps to Connect iPhone to HP Printer
NOTE: Apple AirPrint is a built-in wireless printing solution which specifically works for Apple mobile devices. Using this printing solution, you can print from most of the iOS apps that come with the print feature.
STEP 1: Begin by Setting up the Network Connection
- Start by making sure that WiFi is enabled on your Apple device. Make sure that there is a check mark next to the name of your local WiFi network. In simple word, you should be connected to an internet network.
- Check the Printer Network Connection Status
- Printer Without a Touchscreen Control Panel: Here, you will need to press the Wireless icon and Information button simultaneously, or you can press the Wireless and Start Copy Black button together. This will print a Wireless Test Report showing network connection status.
- Printer with a Touchscreen Control Panel: Here, you will need to touch the wireless icon or you will need to open the Network Settings or Setup menu to see the network connection status
- Depending on the Connection Status, Take the Following Action
- When the printer is not connected to the network: Go to the next step.
- When the printer is connected to the network: Go to the step to print from your device.
- Connect your Printer to the Network
- Printer Without a Touchscreen Control Panel: Here, you will need to press and hold the Wireless and Cancel button simultaneously until you see the Power light flashing. Then, wait for the Wireless to flash. For Tango printers, you will need to press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for at least 5 seconds until you see the Edge light to be flashing blue.
NOTE: Within 2 hour, you will need to press and hold the WPS button (WiFi Protected Setup) on the router until you find the connection process to begin. You will find the printer ceasing to flash after the connection gets completed.
- Printer with a Touchscreen Control Panel: Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, you will need to select Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your network.
STEP 2: Print from Your Apple Device
- Make sure that your HP printer is ON, ink cartridges are installed, and printing papers are stacked in the main tray.
- Next, you will need to open the item you wish to print and then tap on the Share
- Then, you will need to tap Print or the Print icon to get to the Printer Options.
- After that, you will need to select your HP printer where you are prompted to select the printer.
- If you wish you can make changes to available settings on your printer such as Paper Size, Number of Copies, Black & White/Color, Page Range, Double-Sided printing,
- After that, just print the file on your printer.
And, this is how you can connect your iPhone to HP printer for printing documents wirelessly.