Your Facebook account is associated with a contact email ID that you use to Sign in when you visit the site or use it on your mobile. If you no longer wish to use the associated email address to log in to Facebook, you can switch or swap it with the new one at any time. As Facebook gives you the option to change your primary email address and add another email ID to enjoy the services.
Changing your Facebook email is way simpler than your expectations; all you need to do is follow these below-mentioning steps to simplify the whole process.
Steps to Change Email Address on Facebook
Here we provide you with 3 best ways to update your email ID without facing any trouble. To know the methods, just follow the directions provided below.
Method 1- Change Your Facebook Email Address on Desktop
- On your Computer, access the Facebook website, by typing facebook.com into your web browser.
- Now, enter your Login credentials (Associated Email ID and Password) to open the account.
Note: If you have forgotten your sign in information, tap on the “Forgot Account?” link mentioned below the password field.
- Tap on the ‘Drop-Down Arrow’ presented at the top-right corner of your desktop screen.
- Explore the Menu and click on the ‘Settings’ icon to open the General Account Settings on your computer display.
- Once the above mentioning process is done, tap on the ‘Contact’ button to see the registered email accounts list.
- Tap the ‘Edit’ option presented far right-side of the contact tab and go for ‘Change’ link to enter New Email Address on the required field. Or you can go for “Add another email address or mobile number” to get the process done.
- After this, hit the ‘Change Email Address’ and add your New Email Id and Password.
Note: When you add a new email account Facebook will send you a confirmation mail to your new email address.
- At last, select your Primary Email ID and click on ‘Save Changes’ tab to complete the process.
Method 2- Change Your Facebook Email Address on Android Device
- Open the Facebook App and click on the ‘Menu’ icon (Three Horizontal Lines) presented at the right-hand corner of your mobile screen. This step is applicable for signed in users.
Note: If you aren’t automatically logged in, enter your login email and password in the provided space.
- After this, explore your menu icon and click on ‘Settings & Privacy’
- Tap on ‘Settings’ and open the ‘Personal Information’ button to edit the email address.
- Now, click on the ‘Email Address’ icon, you will be redirected to the next page where you have to click the ‘Add Email Address’ and add an additional email address and password.
- Next, you need to select the new email id as a primary email address and re-type your new password to make your Facebook application more secure.
- Once you complete the above mentioning process, click on Save to access the services.
Method 3- Change Your Facebook Email Address on iOS Device
- Open your Facebook App and follow the above mentioning steps to login into the account.
- After this, click on the Three horizontal lines (Menu Bar) presented in the lower-right side of your iPhone Screen.
- Search for ‘Settings & Privacy’ and click on it.
- After this tap, the ‘Settings’ option, and you will be redirected to the next page, where you have to click on the ‘Personal Information’
- Next, you will need to click on the ‘Email address’ icon and go for Add Email Address.
- Now, type your new email address and password in the provided boxes, and click on ‘Add Email’
- Finally, hit the ‘Primary Email’ option to switch your primary email and tap ‘Save’.
Note: When the user changes their email address they will get a verification notification through Facebook. User needs to click on that verification link to verify the account.