Yahoo is very particular about its policies especially after two recent cyber attacks on users’ account. It keeps a sharp eye on every suspicious activity through any user’s account. If you are found to breach any of Yahoo policies and guidelines, your services will be halted.
Potential Causes of Blocked Yahoo Account
- Multiple Incorrect password attempts.
- Sending bulk emails exceeding the specified limit.
- Spam mark by any recipient.
- Hacking attempt on your email account.
- Unauthorized access to third party software.
- Using same account at different locations at the same time.
Instantly recover blocked account (Official Method by Yahoo!)
If your account is blocked temporarily, you will regain access after 12 hours. However, you can try the following steps to get instant access.
- Go to Yahoo Help Forum.
- Expand ‘Account Locked’ message.
- Click on ‘Sign-in Helper’ link.
- From the option listed on the page, provide any of the information and click ‘Continue.’
- An ‘Account Key’ will be sent to your phone number or recovery email account (whatever you provided in step 4) after you click ‘Yes, send me an Account key’ button. Security questions may also be asked here.
- Follow the steps ahead to gain access over your blocked account.
Try log-in using a different Yahoo server. Let’s see how this will help. When you sign in to your account; cookies are formed which help in recognizing your account. But, if you attempt a sign in with wrong password, cookies will get deleted. They will expire when the maximum attempts are reached. Thus, Yahoo marks your account suspicious and blocks it temporarily for 12 to 24 hours.
When you log in from a different server, fresh cookies are formed and they allow you to access your account without waiting for 24 hours.
Here are the servers you can use.
Instantly recover hacked Yahoo! account
The official method recommended by Yahoo is followed to recover the hacked Yahoo! account. However, the method will work only when you had pre-set the recovery option at the time of Sign-up. Even if you have added the recovery options but the hacker has changed them, you will not be able to recover your account. In this case, you can report the issue to Yahoo for necessary measures.
For any other query, contact email support yahoo mail customer service.